Hurricane Sandy is just a category 1 storm now, but sometime overnight, it will merge with an Arctic front and the jet stream to become a super storm. Forecasters are saying it could be the largest storm ever seen in the Atlantic. If you are on the East coast, stay safe; Sandy is about to become a monster.
Around the web, I have been reading some excellent personal finance articles. Here are some of my favorites:
- Daily Money Shot shares the inspiring story of Charlie, who became a successful entrepreneur in his seventies!
- If you are a blogger, you will want to head over to My Multiple Incomes to learn how to get the most mileage out of your best, most visited posts.
- If you are like most Americans, you probably have a graveyard of old electronics in your basement or closets. Frugal Confessions explains how to declutter and make money off old electronics.
- My Journey to Millions examines the Financial Independence movement and when he will reach financial independence.
- Are you always late for work? What Your Boss Really Thinks explains why this is a problem, even if you work through your lunch hour.
- Do you like tortilla bowls at your favorite restaurant? The Family CEO examines an as seen on TV product that gets two thumbs up.
- Most people have misconceptions about what working at home is really like. Prairie Eco Thrifter gives you the reality.
- Beating Broke saved some serious money on two iPad repairs. Here is how.
- Everything is marketed to us. Everything. Canadian Finance Blog shows how even windshield wipers are marketed to us.
- Hello, MTV. Here is a great suggestion from Young Finances: Have a show like your hit I Used to Be Fat called I Used to Be in Debt.
- Smart on Money shares 3 Helpful Tips for Choosing a 529 College Savings Plan.
- Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance shares a 3 post series about the benefits and drawbacks of working as a virtual assistant.
- Life and My Finances tells about a side hustle you may never have even known existed.
- Would you sell yourself to pay for your education? That is the interesting question Free from Broke poses.
On a different note, Everything Finance was featured in several blog carnivals recently:
Yakezie Carnival hosted by I Am 1 Percent
Carnival of Money Pros hosted by Young and Thrifty
Carnival of Financial Camaraderie #50 hosted by Wealthy Turtle
Yakezie Carnival hosted by I Heart Budgets
Carnival of Money Pros hosted by Vanessa’s Money
Carnival of Financial Camaraderie #51 hosted by My University Money
Yakezie Carnival hosted by Cult of Money
Lifestyle Carnival hosted by Blue Collar Workman
Carnival of Money Pros hosted by Making Sense of Cents
Carnival of Retirement #41 hosted by The College Investor
Yakezie Carnival hosted by Portfolio Princess
Carnival of Money Pros hosted by Thirty Six Months
Carnival of Retirement #41 hosted by Financial Conflict Coach
Carnival of Investing #8 hosted by Investeem
Thanks to all of the hosts for including my posts!
- Looking for a New Investment other than Stocks? Give P2P Lending a Try!
- Compare Mortgage Rates
- FREE Credit Score!
- Get the Best Car Insurance Rate
- Best Savings Account
- Join Personal Capital Now for Free Financial Tools!