Here are some quick last minute IRA and general tax tips:
• It’s not too late to get 2012 Tax Returns- If you fund your account by April 15, you can make a retroactive 2012 IRA contribution.
• Open a New IRA- All contributions are tax-deductable, depending on one’s income, and are available to anyone with no income restriction. Using a Traditional IRA may help lower one’s tax bracket during working years, resulting in lower tax brackets in money withdrawals during retirement years.
• Money, Money, Money with Roth IRA- Consumers and business owners can withdraw money tax-free at any time. Singles with incomes below $107,000 and married couples with incomes below $169,000 qualify for a Roth IRA.
• Pay yourself first- Don’t let the government make interest off your money! Paying yourself first allows money to be automatically deposited into one’s retirement fund on a regular basis and increases monthly cash flow.
• Biz Owners Buy a Car- Business owners can get a bonus depreciation write off for more deductions if purchasing a vehicle in 2013.
• 20% of Income off the Top of Your Taxes- Also, those who are self-employed can use 20% of their company’s net income to max out their retirement plan before April 15th.
- Looking for a New Investment other than Stocks? Give P2P Lending a Try!
- Compare Mortgage Rates
- FREE Credit Score!
- Get the Best Car Insurance Rate
- Best Savings Account
- Join Personal Capital Now for Free Financial Tools!